1. To visit the territory of the nature reserve, you must get a permit. You can get a permit at the office of the nature reserve at the address: Yuzhno-Kurilsk, Zarechnaya Street, 5.
2. Tourists can visit the territory of Kurilskiy Nature Reserve ONLY along the established routes:
Golovnin Caldera Route,
Tyatya Volcano Route,
Tourists also have access to routes through the protective zone of the reserve and of Malye Kurily Refuge. You can find the full list of routes on the page about routes.
3. Researchers can work on the territory of Kurilskiy Nature Reserve only after concluding an agreement on scientific cooperation and providing a research program. You must first get a pass to the border zone and a permit for economic activities in the border zone.
You can get the border zone pass at the border department of the FSB in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Address: Victory Avenue, 63A. Phone: +7 (4242) 49 21 04.
We accept the documents on working days (Monday — Friday) in the morning (9.30−10.30) or by e-mail no later than 15 days before the date of entry.
4. Professional video and photography must be coordinated with the administration of the reserve in advance.
5. Staying on the territory of the reserve is possible only after instructing the staff of the reserve on the rules of staying in the protected area. Visitors (group leaders) confirm in writing form that they are familiar with the rules and agree with them.
7. Violators of the current legislation are punished in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation. Violators must immediately leave the territory of the nature reserve.
8. Follow all instructions of the guides for personal safety!
9. Observe the requirements and rules for waste management when visiting protected areas. The main principle of a visitor is to leave no trace.